Table of Contents
If you’re single and ready to mingle, then you need to have some things up your sleeve. If the only thing that’s coming to mind is “Hi”, it might be time for a little creativity. There’s no doubt that the art of conversation has been lost. How is it even possible to cut through all this digital noise and find someone worth talking with? The answer lies in your creativity, or rather what you’ve got up your sleeve. Thankfully we have compiled a range of chat-up lines which are sure to get any eligible candidate interested in chatting with you.
Chat-up lines can be cliche, cheesy or even a little corny. But they are sometimes the perfect ice breaker to start off conversations and get people laughing. They come in many forms: funny chat-up lines, sincere chat-up lines, romantic chat-up lines and lame chat-up lines. However, if you know who you’re talking to, it’s always better to use something that relates to them. There’s an appropriate time for any type of conversation starter so make sure it’s on point with everything else going on around you; this will ensure success when using one of these clever starters, as long as they’re not overused or used at all times.
Good pickup lines are hard to find but the right opener could work wonders. The goal behind those chat-ups is getting the person you are messaging to smile, laugh, and more importantly, to engage with you.
So, to help you out, we have compiled 25 cute chat-up lines which are sure to get the conversation starting on good terms.
To make it easier we have split them into how you’re feeling today to help you find the one that works for you.
Opening chat-up lines
So now you have seen the match of your dreams, how do you get the conversation started? Just sending a match or even a wave or a ‘Hi’ won’t cut it, the truth is, both sides are wanting to be wooed. For some people, texting is a lot more difficult than talking in person. It’s not just because you can’t see the other person but also you don’t have any body language to read. Here are some ways to get that conversation started:
- “Hi, Hello, Howdy, Bonjour, Ola – Phew that’s Hello sorted, I saw (use something from their profile), I would love to learn more…”
- “Hey, I’m hoping I can seduce you with my awkwardness.”
- Ask them about what’s currently going on in their life; this could be an update on the news story of the day, a favourite sports team, or recent dating history.
- Compliment what you noticed first on their profile; this could be something like “I love your smile” or “You have beautiful eyes.”
- If it’s not too cold outside, mention your love for ice cream and ask them what flavour their favourite is!
Cute chat up lines
There is always a lot of tension and anticipation when you meet someone new, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. Flirty pick-up lines are an easy way for both men and women alike to break the ice without being too forward or pushy about their intentions.
The best flirts know that teasing can go further than just something they say out loud; so why not try a video date and mix up your flirtation with some eye contact every now and then so they know what’s on your mind. Here’s some to get you started.
- Engage with them in a playful competition: to see who can get to know the other person faster!
- “Hey, my name’s Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight?
- If I told you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?”
- “I was feeling a bit OFF the whole day. But then, you showed up and turned me ON.”
- “What time do they serve breakfast at your place?”
Cheesy chat-up lines
Cheesy chat-up lines can be enough to make our toes curl, but they can be a great icebreaker and done well can get your dream match smiling, they also show you have a sense of humour and are likely fun to be with. Here’s some of the classic cheese to get your dream match melting.
- “I’m no mathematician, but I’ve been told I’m good with numbers. How about you give me yours so I can prove it?”
- “Are you a camera? Because when I look at you, I smile!”
- “Kiss me if I’m wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?”
- “You’re so beautiful that you made me forget my chat-up line.”
- “Something’s wrong with my eyes, because I can’t take them off you.”
Chat-up lines from the hit parade
Perhaps you see yourself as more of a smooth operator than a cheese meister. If you want to set your conversations alight with more undertones tones of Barry White than Rick Astley, then these lines from the music archives might be the right ones to make you top of the hit parade for your match.
- “Anything you say can and will be held against you/So only say my name” Fall Out Boy “Just One Yesterday”
- “When you smile, I melt inside” Blink-182 “First Date”
- “Boy, if you wanna know the things I’ve been thinking. You’d be meeting me outside. Steel Magnolia “Last Night Again”
- “Hello, I love you / Won’t you tell me your name?” The Doors “Hello I love you”
- “You are the moonlight of my life” Green Day “Last Night on Earth
Best movie chat-up lines
We can’t all get away with a cheeky “How you doin’?” courtesy of Joey Tribbiani but sometimes we can take inspiration from the big screen. Perhaps you want to tap into the Hollywood greats and use lines from the movies, these can be a great combination of flirting and cheese and allows you to segue into a broader discussion about favourite movies. Feeling like a movie star give these a try…
- “You are everything I never knew I always wanted.” Matthew Perry as Alex Whitman in Fools Rush In
- “You make me want to be a better man.” Jack Nicholson as Melvin Udall As Good As It Gets
- “I used to live like Robinson Crusoe, shipwrecked among eight million people. But one day I saw a footprint in the sand and there you were.” Jack Lemmon as C C Baxter in The Apartment
- “You look a lot like my next girlfriend.” Will Smith as Alex Hitchin in Hitch
- “Take me to bed or lose me forever.” Meg Ryan as Carol Bradshaw in Top Gun
These are just a few ideas to get the conversation started, however, the best advice is to be yourself. Take the time to look at the profile of your match and work out what is it that makes them stand out to you? Then ask them about it. If someone has just sent you a smile or a wave don’t assume they don’t want to talk to you, they might be too shy to get the conversation started. So, help them out, for example: “Hi, thanks for matching and the smile, it made my day, I saw from your profile you like (insert something from their profile) what is it you love most about it? I have to admit to having a love of (add in a detail about yourself) what are your thoughts about it?”
We hope you have found this post helpful, we will be posting soon about the chat-up line bloopers that didn’t make it onto the list, I promise they will make you laugh, cry and cringe in equal amounts.
Do you have any chat-up lines you would like to share? We would love to hear them please comment below.